(User name & password required)
This image of mouse skin was taken with a Carl Zeiss LSM710 confocal microscope. Fluorescent antibodies were used to label structural features of the skin, highlighting the complexity of this organ's architecture. Cell nuclei are shown in blue, while Laminin in orange and Podoplanin in red outline the tissue's vasculature and fibroblast network, and ER-TR7 (green) delineates the basement membrane which separates epidermis and dermis. Image taken by Dr Ali Zaid (Mueller/Heath lab).
Note: this page does not display correctly in IE 7 or 8
News and Events
- Joint Fudan-Doherty Workshop of Infection and Immunology 21 - 22 November 2014. More information.
- Our congratulations to Damian Purcell who has been promoted to Professor
- Department's 2014 NHMRC Project Grant success rate was 40%: national average 16%. Congratulations to all those involved. For more details.
- Our congratulations to Sacha Pidot, Sidonia Eckle, Jaclyn Pearson, Paul Whitney, Geraldine O'Connor and Bridie Clemens who have been awarded University of Melbourne Early Career Research Grants
- Our congratulations to Sergio Quinones Parra (Kedzierska Lab) who was winner of the 2014 QIAGEN award and to Margaret Lam (Stinear Lab) who was the runner up. For more details.
- Tuesday 9 December at 12.30pm - Research Seminar
Professor Peter Ghazal, ASI Visiting Speaker
University of Edinburgh, UK
"Systems investigation of infection in macrophages"
Host: Dr Sammy Bedoui
- Friday 12 December at 3.15pm - PhD Completion Seminar
"From signals to molecular blueprints underlying CD8+ T cell differentiation"